Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Atlanta is the frozen tundra

Yesterday I landed in Atlanta to set off for my journey around the city.  Little did I know that the weather would turn into the frozen tundra.  Since I am from Michigan the weather does not effect me as it might you.  Well I have changed my mind...the weather is beautiful with the snow, conditions are not so good.  All of the hotels are booked and overbooked.  Lucky I stopped at a hotel that had 3 open rooms and one of them is now mine. 
Many vehicles are abandon with no gas or frozen in the ice

It's like a ghost town on the major streets

My walk was slow across the icy roads

The green bushes are snow covered and icicles hanging from them

3" of snow in Marietta

I am feeling right at home with the snow

Be safe and warm it's time to sew.  Since I have no sewing machine in my room I will be hand sewing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment